If you’re currently running ads to cold audiences - whether that’s on Facebook, YouTube, Google Display Network or anywhere else - you need to consider where you’re sending that cold traffic. Do you send it to your home page? Product detail page? Those options can work, but you need to test sending traffic to pre-sale content.
What is pre-sale content? To explain, I brought in one of the foremost experts on the subject, Lindsay Marder.
Lindsay Marder is a self-proclaimed content marketing nerd. She served as Managing Editor for Digital marketer for 4 years. Now she’s working with brands to spread their missions and engage with customers. She’s also the Co-founder of Digital Strategy Bootcamps with Molly Pittman and John Grimshaw.
Here’s what we cover on the show:
- What is pre-sale content?
- Why pre-sale engagement content is PERFECT for cold traffic, especially paid cold traffic.
- Real-world examples including the legendary 5 make up tips for older women - page used by Ezra Firestone and Boom by Cindy Joseph.
- How Third Love used pre-sale content to show women everywhere that they were putting on their bra all wrong.
- How do you identify topics using free Google tools and some simple online research?
- How to let customers write your ad headlines and content headlines for you.
- What can you learn from 5-star and 1-star reviews from your competitor’s products (this is so brilliant).
- Dos and Don’ts for the page itself
- Plus more!