I just got back from a trip to the Amazon HQ in Seattle. Chris Tyler, our Director of Amazon Services, and I were there visiting with our Amazon DSP reps (more on DSP in a minute). We recently found out we were the fastest growing agency in 2018 in terms of DSP spend. We got to preview new audience targeting options, discuss new ad options coming soon to the Amazon ecosystem and more…Blow your mind kinda awesome stuff.
If you’re not familiar with it, Amazon DSP (stands for Demand Side Platform) is a way to run display ads on and off Amazon targeting Amazon shoppers. With DSP you can run retargeting ads targeting people who’ve visited your product listings on Amazon but didn’t purchase. You can also target people who’ve visited your competitors’ products on Amazon but haven’t purchased. And there are a TON more audience targeting options to consider. Here’s a quick look at what we cover on the episode:
- Highlights from our Amazon trip including dogs, domes, and, of course, great coffee!
- What about Amazon DSP makes it “blow your mind awesome?”
- What are the top audiences to target with DSP and where should you start?
- What kind of return can you expect from DSP?
- How to use DSP to build loyalty with Recapture, Reorder and/or Cross-sell/Up-sell campaigns.
- How does Amazon DSP compliment Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands – the core of Amazon advertising?
- Plus more!
Mentioned in this Episode
Business Insider – Amazon is taking over Seattle
Starbucks opens its first Reserve store in Seattle – Business – CNN.com
Amazon DSP – Amazon Advertising
Amazon Marketing Services, or AMS – Amazon Advertising
Sponsored Products – Services – Amazon.com
Amazon Reporting: Halo Products – Rise Interactive
Amazon Seller Central