There are two critical ways Patent Law impacts online merchants:
- Making sure you protect your unique products and intellectual property (IP)
- Making sure you don’t infringe on someone else’s patents
My guest for this episode is Patent Attorney, Rich Goldstein. Rich is a wealth of knowledge on patent law and has carved out a niche in the eCommerce space. I am NOT a legal expert, to say the least, so I was really excited to dive into this topic and learn more myself.
Here’s a look at what we covered:
- When should you consider a patent and how much do they cost?
- What’s the number 1 reason for a patent?
- What are the 2 factors to see if a product is patentable?
- Talk about the different enough test?
- 2 Types of patents and when to consider each type
- How to protect against knock off and specifically protecting yourself on Amazon.
- How do you avoid patent infringement?
- Top resources and guides for patents and IP.
Mentioned in This Episode: