Shopify apps are great. Someone else spends hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars, developing functionality that you can use for just $30 per month. Apps on Shopify are so easy to install and so seemingly harmless that many store owners install dozens and dozens of apps - many of which they uninstall or never use. This approach can have serious unintended consequences.
In this episode we dive into a smarter approach to apps that can help any Shopify store owner. Here’s a look at what we cover:
- How to determine if it’s better to use an app or hire a developer to hard code a desired functionality.
- What category of apps are best to consider now for Shopify
- What apps are almost always a bad idea
- How to tell if you have app conflict
- When should you consider apps vs. just switching to Shopify Plus
- Plus more!
Electric Eye Agency - A Free Daily eMail from Your Friends in Digital Business
Honest eCommerce Podcast
Mentioned in this Episode:
Klaviyo - Marketing Automation & eMail Platform for eCommerce
Gorgias - More Than Just a Gorgeous Helpdesk
Zendesk - Customer Support Ticket System and Sales CRM Software Company
Magento - Best eCommerce Software for Selling Online
BigCommerce - The Future of Commerce is Yours
Klarna US - Buy Now and Pay Later. No Interest. No Fees.
Afterpay - Shop Now. Enjoy Now. Pay Later.
4Pay ABM - A Cloud ABM Company
Shopify Pay - Shop Your Way, Pay Your Way
Shopify Flow - eCommerce Plugins for Online Stores
Zapier - The Easiest Way to Automate Your Work