Product discovery on Amazon is almost exclusively driven by search. So if you want to drive more sales on Amazon you have to get better at search – both the organic side (SEO) and the paid ad side. In this week’s episode, I interview a man who knows Amazon search inside and out – George Lawrence.
He started Merchant Words in 2013 and has grown it into one of the most popular Amazon research tools on the market. In my chat with George, we dive into all things Amazon search including…
– Common Amazon SEO mistakes to avoid
– Finding hidden sales opportunities through keyword research (brace yourself we use a pretty off the wall and potentially controversial example).
– How Amazon search has changed in recent years and what that means to you.
– When analyzing search data, what metrics matter and what metrics don’t
– Preparing for more product searches on Alexa and “Amazon Choice”
– Current trends on Walmart & Jet.com
Plus more! Check it out.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Zipify Apps by Smart Marketer
MerchantWords – Amazon Keyword Tool
Eugene Schwartz’s 8 Rules of Great Copywriting – Mindvalley Insights
Eugene Schwartz – “Breakthrough Advertising” book – Amazon
Amazon’s Alexa started ordering people dollhouses after hearing its name on TV – The Verge
“Amazon’s Choice” Want To Make Your Purchasing Decisions For You – Huffington PostConnect with George Lawrence: