Shopify just reached the milestone of powering over 500,000 online stores. Today on the show I interview David Moellenkamp a self-proclaimed automation geek, former long-time employee of BlackBerry and now the Director of Product at Shopify Plus.
One of the goals I have for the podcast is to interview and uncover what’s new and what’s next for the major eCommerce Platforms. If we want to truly understand where eCommerce is headed, we need to get a better picture of what the companies who build our most used carts are doing.
We are platform agnostic here at OMG Commerce. We create full funnel marketing plans for clients regardless of platform. That said, I love how Shopify is democratizing eCommerce. They’re taking features that were once only available to the IR 500 and making them available to all merchants. They’re also building features that allow merchants to create customer experiences that are only limited by their imagination.
We take a deep dive into what’s new and what’s next at Shopify and we discuss a few current eCommerce trends facing all merchants.
Here’s a quick look at what we cover in this episode:
– How Shopify stacks up against competitors
– The difference between Shopify and Shopify Plus
– How to capitalize on Social Commerce
– Omni Channel and Marketplace success
– How Shopify Plus is using scripts and the brand new XYZ to allow merchants to create complex customizations without learning to code.
– How to utilize new technology for better overall ecommerce performance from easier management of fraud to better personalization and marketing.
– How mobile shopping is changing and how to improve your mobile conversion rate
Mentioned in this Episode:
OMG Commerce Holiday Special – Free Google Webinar Replay
Companies Using Shopify Plus:
– New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/
– Nestle http://www.nestle.com/
– MVMT Watches https://www.mvmtwatches.com/
– Leesa https://www.leesa.com/
– Nine West http://www.ninewest.com/
– Fred Segal https://www.fredsegal.com/
– Kylie Cosmetics https://www.kyliecosmetics.com/
– Fashion Nova https://www.fashionnova.com/
– Red Bull https://www.redbull.com/us-en/
Connect with David Moellenkamp: