I’m convinced that the most successful eCommerce companies in the years to come will be those who build a brand.
Building a community, telling a brand story that resonates, building products that people are passionate about, differentiating from the competition – all are part of what it asked to build a successful brand.
Companies that just learn a few tricks and tactics to sell more on Amazon, or those that rely on just a few google traffic hacks, or those who only sell products that are available from other sellers are in a much weaker position than those who build a brand. That’s why I was super excited to bring on the show a brand building powerhouse like Rick Cesari. Rick has been involved with some pretty stellar brands over the years including the George Foreman Grill, GoPro Cameras, Sonicare Toothbrush, Oxiclean and others. He knows what it takes to position and market a product to make turn it into a massive winner.
Here’s a look at what we cover:
- Using direct response ads principles and building a brand at the same time.
- Tips to building a great brand including feedback loops, crafting a USP, getting to the benefit and more. Learn how Rick helped the Juiceman brand go head-to-head with Krups and Braun and generate $75 million in sales in just 4 years.
- How to differentiate. We both love Sally Hogshead’s quote “Different is better than better.”
- Tips for great videos. One of our favorite topics and an area that Rick is an expert in. We talk about what makes for a great video.
- Using Ricks brand-building and marketing tips on Amazon.
- Plus more
Connect with Rick Cesari:
Mentioned in this Episode:
Dan Kennedy (Direct Response Marketing Strategist at No B.S. Inner Circle)
David Ogilvy (Founder of Ogilvy & Mather)
“Ogilvy on Advertising” book by David Ogilvy – Amazon
“Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen” book by Donald Miller – Amazon
Donald Miller (CEO at StoryBrand)
Sally Hogshead (New York Times Bestselling Author, Hall of Fame Speaker & CEO of How to Fascinate)
via Facebook/How to Fascinate
“Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation” book (2010) by Sally Hogshead – Amazon
“Fascinate, Revised and Updated: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist” book (2016) by Sally Hogshead – Amazon
Juiceman – The Best Citrus Juicers, Extractors & Blender
Trillium Health Care Product
Peloton Bike – Indoor Exercise Bake with Online Streaming Classes
Wanderer Bracelets – Hand Crafted in Bali
George Foreman Grill – Welcome to George Foreman Cooking – Shop Indoor Electric Grills
GoPro – Cameras
Connect with Brett Curry (CEO of OMG Commerce):
eCommerce Evolution podcast edited by Jonny Reese at Studio JRS