The story behind Xero Shoes is a crazy one. World-class sprinter over the age of 50 gets hurt, takes advice to start running barefoot and immediately sees improvements. Then goes on to design a prototype for a barefoot running sandal that would soon land him a spot on ABC’s hit show Shark Tank.
This episode is a ton of fun and is chock full of insights and stories from a really unique online merchant. Steven Sashen is a competitive sprinter, a TV and film veteran, an SEO, and an entrepreneur through and through. This interview is part of our “How I Did It” series and outlines some of the elements driving the growth of Xero Shoes. Here’s a glimpse of what we cover:
– Some of the factors that lead to the huge success of Xero Shoes (Steven’s answer might surprise you).
– Steven’s favorite sources of traffic
– Conversion tips that have grown Xero Shoes to what it is today
– How Steven and team approach product design and how that’s helped them succeed in the wildly competitive footwear space
– Lessons learned for the Shark Tank (hint: you better know your numbers)
– How Xero Shoes is leveraging the crowd funding trend
– Plus more!
Mentioned in this Episode:
Connect with Steven Sashen: