Connor Young is a bit of a health nut – and an exercise enthusiast. He’s also an entrepreneur.
He’s combined his passions into a powerful and growing commerce business called Ample Foods. Connor and his team are doing a lot of things right with Ample. What potentially stands above the other wins is that they have achieved two very successful crowdfunding campaigns. The first was a traditional crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, which set the platform’s record for highest funded project in the food category. The second was an equity crowdfunding campaign that raised just under $800,000 on a $15 million valuation.
If you’re launching a new product or considering a crowdfunding project or equity funding project you need to check out this episode. Here’s a look at what we cover:
- 3 elements of any great crowdfunding pitch
- Why your crowdfunding pitch needs to go viral and how Connor did it for Ample Foods
- Use crowdfunding both to launch a company or a new product
- Why Connor would skip hiring a PR firm for his crowdfunding campaign if he had to do it all over again
- How to use Facebook Ads and Influencers for a successful campaign
- How “all the work” is in the pre-launch
- How to set your goal and why it’s important to be strategic about your goal
- Why momentum especially in the first 2 days is so important.
- When to consider your campaign a failure
- Plus more