I’ve been looking forward to this interview for months. I met Bryant Garvin at Ezra Firestone’s Blue Ribbon Mastermind in Nashville back in January. Hearing the details of how Bryant and team leveraged YouTube (as well as other channels) to achieve massive scale at incredible speed blew me away. I knew immediately I wanted to have him on the podcast.
Purple Mattress has grown from obscurity to being one of the most popular mattress-in-a-box offerings in just a few short years. In 2017 they posted annual revenues in excess of $187 million. Purple Mattress was largely made famous because of a brilliant video made in partnership with the Harmon Brothers staring Goldilocks and featuring the “broken egg test.” It’s an amazing example of demonstrating the uniqueness of a product in a fresh, creative way.
Here’s a quick look at what we cover on this episode…
- How to hook someone properly in the first 5 seconds of a YouTube video ad
- Surprising test results – even really smart people are wrong half the time or more.
- How to approach YouTube for prospecting…YT isn’t search ads, so stop treating them the same.
- Elements of a great video – learn Bryant’s formula for high performing video ads, plus the story behind the broken egg test.
- How to diversify and launch ads on new platforms.
- Plus a lot more!
Mentioned in the Episode:
Connect with Bryant Garvin: