It’s safe to say that your SEO approach is likely outdated. If you’re looking for the latest hack, trick or SEO loophole - you’re barking up the wrong tree. If you’re obsessing over ranking and traditional keywords then you may be off target.
In this episode we talk about why “intent” is now the most important word in SEO and content marketing. We look at how search behavior is changing. We also consider how Google is indexing different forms of content like podcasts and video transcripts and what that means to us as marketers.
In this episode we dive into:
- The BERT Update. What is is and how it’s the nail in the coffin for old-school SEO.
- Why is intent the most important word for SEO?
- How REI tackles intent and what you should learn from their content strategies.
- Different content types - articles, podcasts, etc.
- How do you figure out what people are searching for and asking at different stages
- How to create content and rank that content for shoppers at different stages of the buying journey.
- Plus more!
Mentioned in this episode:
DigitalMarketer - Marketing Tools & Training
Traffic & Conversion Summit - March 31 - April 2, 2020 in San Diego, CA
Digital Marketing fo Dummies Book by Ryan Deiss & Russ Henneberry - Amazon